Assistant Librarian - Reader & Reference Services
Do you have experience in social media management and a passion for bringing digital collections to life?
Are you a positive people person with a solutions-focused mind-set, a commitment to modelling exceptional customer service and helping your team mates to thrive?
Waimakariri Libraries has an exciting opportunity for you to join us as in a permanent role as an Assistant Librarian in our Reader and Reference Services Team.
Across our network we have three library branches (Rangiora Library, Ruataniwha Kaiapoi Library, and Oxford Library) as well as our fourth, digital branch that serves our community in the online space.
Waimakariri Libraries' vision is to make the world a better place for our diverse communities through the services, programmes, events, and experiences we offer at each of our library branches. The successful applicant would hold a key role in ensuring the success of bringing this vision to life in our digital branch and in supporting the Libraries Leadership Team to grow a collaborative culture where agency, empowerment, and strong communication are front and centre of all our mahi.
We are looking for someone who can bring a vibrant voice to our social media channels, co-ordinating them effectively while empowering the team to grow their confidence in content creation in these dynamic spaces.
This role also holds responsibility for managing parts of our eCollections - to thrive in this position you will have a love of digital content and be able to inspire your teammates to ensure accessing our eBooks and eAudiobooks is as easy as choosing an item off the shelf.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Advanced reference and information gathering skills
- A natural ability to model exceptional customer service and teamwork
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills and the ability to meet tight timeframes in a busy environment
- Great skills with technology and the ability to help others learn how to use new programmes, devices, and digital tools
- A commitment to continual professional learning
- A professional library qualification and tertiary qualification
- A desire to assist in the successful delivery of library programmes and events
Membership of and professional registration with LIANZA would be advantageous, but is not essential for this role. A full driver licence is essential.
This permanent role works 35.5 hours across five days, including one weekend day each week. Applicants must be open to working at all library branches.
For further information, please contact the District Libraries Manager, Paula Eskett, on 0800 965 468 (0800 WMK GOV) or via email email@example.com
Applications close midnight 6 December 2020
The Council is an equal opportunity employer.