Library Customer Service Assistants
- Do you have a passion for encouraging lifelong learning and literacy?
- Do you have a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service?
- Would you thrive in helping the community and being a part of a high-energy team working in an ever-changing working environment?
The Waimakariri District Council is seeking to appoint three Library Customer Service Assistants for our District Libraries based in Kaiapoi and Rangiora. These part-time, permanent contracts offer motivated candidates the opportunity to experience a challenging work environment where our staff make a difference.
The Team at the Waimakariri Libraries are passionate about making the world a better place for our community. New technologies mean that the libraries team now work pro-actively alongside our customers rather than across a desk, so the ability to think on your feet while providing exceptional customer service is vital.
The successful applicants will have an aptitude for meeting the information, reading and recreational needs of our customers. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the skills and empathy to support a diverse range of people in their use of the libraries spaces and technologies. Enthusiasm and initiative for working with and maintaining the library's equipment, systems and processes is essential. A desire to assist in the delivery of library, information and digital literacy programmes for children and adults is vital.
Our ideal new team members will have:
- A genuine interest and warmth for meeting, engaging with and helping people
- The skills to work in a busy people-centred environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- The skills to assist our customers in their use of technology
- An openness to continual professional learning
- The ability to interact well with others and enjoy being part of a fun team
- Awareness of, or experience with, library management systems and technologies would be an advantage
Please indicate your order of preference when applying for the following vacancies:
- Kaiapoi Library - 11.5 hours per week
Monday 1-5pm, Saturday 10 - 2pm, Sunday 12.45 - 4.15pm
- Rangiora Library - 12 hours per week
Monday 1-5pm, Tuesday 1-5pm, Saturday 10-2pm
- Rangiora Library - 11.5 hours per week
Wednesday 1-5pm, Friday 3-7pm, Sunday 12.45 - 4.15pm
A Library Assistant Position Description is available for download on the Council's website.
For further information, please contact the District Libraries Manager, Paula Eskett, on 0800 965 468 (0800 WMK GOV) or via email email@example.com
Applications close midnight 16 August 2020
The Council is an equal opportunity employer.
To find out more about working at the Waimakariri District Council check out the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mywEJi6JGuw&feature=youtu.be