Team Leader Resource Consents
- Are you an inquisitive, solution & people focused leader?
- Do you have experience in resource consents?
- Do you seek the challenges of dealing with a wide variety of Planning matters?
Waimakariri District is one of the fastest growing Districts in New Zealand and the fourth largest, by population, in the South Island. This brings with it abundant challenges across a diverse range of areas. We promise to be professional, approachable and solutions-focused when providing for our community. The Waimakariri District Council are looking for a new Team Leader Resource Consents with the ability to work effectively across a wide range of issues and enable a customer-focused environment.
The Team Leader Resource Consents position plays a critical role in leading and organising resource consent processing, providing mentoring and coaching of the planning team (four planners) and ensuring professional advice is given to the general public and our internal customers.
To secure this position you will need to:
- Be a highly motivated team player who is well organised and committed to providing excellent service and quality results;
- Have excellent project management and relationship skills;
- Have an excellent understanding of the resource consent process and associated legislation;
- Be solutions focused;
- Be capable of providing day to day direction to the planning team with a wide variety of skills and experience;
- Embrace the challenges of dealing with a wide variety of resource consent applications;
- Have a minimum of 5 years planning experience, and experience working with resource consent applications.
In recognition of this we offer a competitive salary package.
Only 20 minutes north of Christchurch, Waimakariri District offers small town and rural lifestyles with a range of outdoor recreation activities on your doorstep but with the advantages of a big city nearby. Whatever your choice of living environment it is readily available and affordable.
For any further information on this position, please contact Matthew Bacon, Planning Manager on 0800 965 468 (0800 WMKGOV) or email@example.com. A job description for this position is available by visiting our website. This role is a full time position of 40 hours a week worked Monday to Friday.
If you have the appropriate skills, experience and attitude to fulfil the requirements of this position, and you want to be on our team then get in touch because we want to hear from you!
The Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications close Friday 30th August 2019 at 5pm.
To find out more about working at the Waimakariri District Council check out the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mywEJi6JGu