Reticulation Maintenance Service Person
- Wide variety of work, no day is ever the same
- Strong focus on integrity, safety and quality
- Long term job stability
- Plenty of support, great learning and development opportunities
The Water Unit manages the reticulation network, water, wastewater & stormwater treatment plants, the annual 3 Waters renewal programmes and capital projects for the Waimakariri District Council. The Waimakariri District is a New Zealand top five growth area. At 60,000 people, the fourth largest District by population in the South Island.
This roles involves the maintenance of the Waimakariri District Council's utilities. As a Reticulation Maintenance Service Person you will be responsible for repairing utility mains, installing service pipes, replaying meters, water shutdowns, inducting sub-contractors to site, and minor infrastructure upgrades. There may be a need for call outs, roster duties and weekend work.
We are looking for people who have a professional and positive attitude with experience in water, engineering, construction, and maintenance who enjoy working collaboratively.
You will need the following:
- Relevant licenses, including Class; 1, W, T, R (Class 4 desirable)
- Good knowledge and experience working in water and wastewater systems
- At least 2 years' experience within the water industry including repair, maintenance and install experience or Level 3 Water Reticulation Qualification
- Ability to read site plans
- Commitment to Health & Safety
You will provide exceptional service in a time-critical industry and have the ability to work unsupervised. This role requires an excellent level of customer service as you will be dealing with homeowners and members of the public. You will be a great communicator and have the ability to get along and engage with people at all levels of our organisation.
For any further information on this position, please contact, Phil Drozdowski or Daniel Burt, Water Recirculation Supervisors on 0800 965 468 (0800WMKGOV)
If you have the appropriate skills, experience and attitude to fulfil the requirements of this position, and you want to be on our team then get in touch because we want to hear from you!
All successful applicants will need to pass a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol screening test.
The Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications close 24 May 2019 at 5pm.
To find out more about working at the Waimakariri District Council check out the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mywEJi6JGuw