- Intermediate Engineering role working within a busy Project Delivery Unit
- Challenging and varied role
- Great lifestyle in the growing Waimakariri District
- Supportive and friendly working environment
The Waimakariri District Council serves a community of over 50,000 that is experiencing rapid growth, with a high rate of development accompanied by corresponding demands on infrastructure and services.
The Council is seeking a Project Engineer to work within the Network Planning Team as part of the Project Delivery Unit, based in Rangiora. The Project Delivery Unit provides asset management and engineering planning, design, delivery, and development consultancy services to the Utilities & Roading Department, Green Space Team, and the wider Council.
To secure this position you will need to have:
- Experience in hydrological modelling;
- Experience in Asset Management;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Project management skills;
- A sound understanding of civil engineering principles;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- A solutions focused attitude.
Applicants will be highly motivated team players who are well organised and committed to providing excellent service and quality results. In recognition of this a very competitive salary is offered.
Only 20 minutes north of Christchurch, the Waimakariri District offers small town and rural lifestyles with a range of outdoor recreation activities on your doorstep but with the advantages of a big city nearby. Whatever your choice of living environment it is readily available and affordable.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and skilled professional. The council offers a challenging work environment where you really make a difference.
For more information on the position contact Kelly LaValley, Project Delivery Manager, on (03) 0800 965 468 (0800WMKGOV).
If you have the appropriate skills, experience and attitude to fulfill the requirements of this position, and you want to be on our team then get in touch because we want to hear from you.
The Council is a Professional Development Partner with IPENZ and is an equal opportunity employer.
To find out more about working at the Waimakariri District Council. check out the following video: