Software Support Analyst (fixed term - 2 years)
We're looking for a savvy and motivated Software Support Analyst to join our innovative Information and Technology Services team. You'll be a trusted advisor with a strong focus on delivery, and what you don't know you'll be keen to get stuck in and learn.
What You'll Do
Council is made up of numerous business units ranging from finance to building/resource consents, rating, animal control etc. making this a varied role where no one day is the same as the next and you are required to think on your feet.
As part of our Business Improvement Strategy we have a couple of exciting projects underway, the rollout of mobility and BI dashboards are amongst these. We are now looking at adding a member to our Information Services Team so we can still provide BAU support and lend a hand with integration into our ERP, Technology One.
You know what it takes to be a Software Support Analyst, but so you know what we're looking for, you'll also need:
- A passion for technology and software development along with an eagerness to delve into any problem
- Proven experience with the Microsoft SQL Server Stack. Specifically SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS and T-SQL experience are required
- Solid software developments skills; we use .NET (C#) to develop web services for our mobility solutions
- Experience working with ERP software such as Technology One is desirable
- .Net and HTML5 skills are desirable
- An understanding of BI architecture and experience with Microsoft SSAS are desirable
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic customer focused environment
- Excellent verbal communication, analytical skill and critical thinking
- Open mind and willingness to learn from and teach peers
- A degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent field of study or professional experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with both Developers and a wide range Business Users
What you'll enjoy:
Problem solving and learning - given the scope of work, the key ingredient you'll have is a willingness to learn, problem solve, and try new things
Technological variety - of technologies, processes, and platforms.
Customer focus - a real passion for great customer outcomes and successes, going the extra mile to make sure the experience for the customer is as good as it can be
For additional information about this position please contact Glenn Busch, IS Team Leader or Sarah Illingworth, Human Resources Administrator, on 0800 965 468
Please note: Short-listed applicants must be prepared to undergo Police Vetting.
Only people with the right to live and work in New Zealand may apply for this role.